But I have come to notice that "the Boys" also known as Ticos are quiet fond of their Toys! Oh yes there is the occasional fancy sports car to be seen, mostly in the city, but the toys of choice here in this country appear to be motorcycles and off road vehicles. We have a Defender Land Rover that turns a lot of heads when we are out and about. It seems to be a very popular vehicle, probably because it looks more like something you would take on a safari in the jungle and it is great for driving through water and down rough roads and river beds! And if one of the male species visits our home and ends up in the garage there is usually a bit of a drooling session over the BMW RI200 that made it's journey all the way through Central America from Alabama. I think it is a testosterone thing myself....the sound of the engine....the sparkle of the chrome....the SPEED!
Anyway, I was not at all surprised when we heard a horn going beep-beep in our driveway and went out to find our good friend German in this 1959 Restored Land Cruiser! I am not sure if it was the candy apple red that got me or the big smile on Germans face as he showed me this amazing jeep but I got as excited as "the Boys" did! I really could not believe it was as old as it is because it looks brand new and I can not even imagine taking something so beautiful into the mud holes on an off rode expedition. Something tells me German might feel the same way, but I am sure his friends probably enjoy cruising around town and with the jump seat in the back it will take 4 for a very comfortable spin.
They say that the Pura Vida is all about simplicity .... but sometimes a little candy apple red antique cruiser can make it just a little bit brighter!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.