Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dining Out at SASH ~ Lebanese Style!

If you are in the Rohrmoser area of San Jose you should try out this amazing restaurant called SASH for a delightful Lebanese dining experience!

From the refreshing guanabana refresco, a natural fruit beverage made with fresh mint, that we sipped on for starters to the assorted meat platter grand finale, it all offered some amazing flavors!  The exotic billowing cloth decor with beaded lanterns and music stepped it up to a true memorable experience!

I have not eaten much lamb in the past, but since coming to Costa Rica and enjoying many food extravaganzas with our new found friends from England, Germany, Switzerland, Cyprus and New Zealand I have grown quiet fond of this meat delicacy!  

For starters we nibbled on the hot off the grill flat bread with an array of toppers. . . tahini yogurt, garlic hummus, eggplant hummus, tabule and of course drizzles of olive oil!  Tabule is a Middle Eastern recipe of cracked wheat, parsley, green onions and fresh mint.  They brought us stacks and stacks of the flat bread and I could have eaten my weight in them!  The next course was a beautiful array of grilled eggplant, zucchini, onions and tomatoes along with  falafel a perfectly formed patty made with garbanzo beans, herbs and spices, deep fried until golden brown and sprinkled with sesame seeds.  Topped with the Tahini Yogurt sauce it was delicioso!  The veggies had an amazing flavor and we were told that they were grilled on the same grill as the lamb so that the absorbed some of it's tasty juices.  


The grande finale was a large platter of perfectly cooked tender pieces of lamb and chicken prepared in an assortment of ways and needless to say was a reason in itself to return to SASH again and again.  I am embarrassed to admit that I was so taken by the grandeur of this platter when delivered to our table that I forgot to take a picture of it as I quickly jumped in to devour it!  

The generous portions were much more than we could eat so we asked for a caja to take home the leftovers.....  Gee this is making me hungry!   . . . . . . .

OK I am back!  I just had to go and eat those leftovers and they were yummy again!  I even found some yogurt and tahini in the fridge and stirred up a little topping to add to the meat and veggies after I rolled them up in the flatbread!  

I am thinking that an overnight in San Jose with friends might be in order so that we can go back to Sash for an evening meal and enjoy their entertainment of exotic belly dancers!  How much fun would that be? ...and I think I know a few that would love to go with me!

Maybe it is the American raised Greek blood that courses through my veins but I really do love this Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisine that I have been exposed to of late.  It makes me dream of far away places and yearn to go and experience it live and in person!   
. . . . but for now I guess I will fire up the grill on the terraza and stir up some hummus in the kitchen. . . .   until I can get back to SASH!

 Click the link below to check out their Facebook Page for more information and location!

 Pura Vida is the experience of the finest International Cuisine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.